Visas and passes
Visas and Passes
Any person intending to enter into Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
Foreign nationals intending to enter Uganda for purposes of employment should comply with requirements for expatriate employment in Uganda.
1. All visa prone nationalities must obtain Uganda visas to facilitate their entry into the country.
2. Uganda visas may be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival at the ports of entry in the country.
3. All travellers to the Republic of Uganda MUST have a valid Yellow Fever Immunization card.
Visa & corresponding fees
Category/description of visa Cost
Single entry US$ 50 per individual
Multiple entry visa 6-12 months US$ 100
Multiple entry visa 24 months US$ 150
Multiple entry visa 36 months US$ 200
Students (Entry Visa for students who are not nationals of East African Cooperation.) US$ 100
East African Tourist Visa (Three months Multiple Entry for Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda) US$ 100
Residents of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda travelling to any of the three countries can now enter the alternative Partner State. Without paying for visas. Fee Nil
Note: visas do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Uganda
1. Entry into or exit from Uganda should be made only through azette ports of entry/exit
2. List of visa exempt nationalities i.e. nationals of countries that do not pay for Uganda visas